Monday 16 May 2011

Ancillary Tasks, Digi-pack and Magazine advert:

Effectiveness in combination of main product and ancillary tasks


For my ancillary tasks I have created a digi-pack and a magazine advert. The combination of the main product (music video) and ancillary tasks is effective as I have used connections between all three that compliment one another. The main connection is the repetition of the rose flower imagery; this is partially due to Dani’s favourite flower being a rose, and it being an almost ‘signature’ for her – I expanded this so that it can become a promotional symbol for her and her music and as she builds a fan base it can become a recognisable pointer for her and her music also.

Front Cover of Album:



I decided to use an image of Dani for the front cover which is in fact the closing shot of the music video; I chose this because by using her face as the front cover, prospective buyers will know what to be looking for. I edited the image on Photoshop and used a filter effect of ‘film grain’ which has given the image a worn and warm feeling, complimenting the themes of love within the pop genre.
The colour red shall be a constant colour scheme in the promotional plan and the backdrop behind her here contains red.

The Left insert:

The left insert shall go on the left hand side of my CD digi pack; it is another image of Dani, however as it is edited with a ‘fresco’ filter in which I altered the brush size and intensity, it is painting like and abstract. This is similar to the left insert of Evanescence’s left insert image of their lead vocalist edited with a similar effect. I found it effective for promoting the organic side of the pop genre.

Right hand insert:




The right hand insert is a background of water, which the photo I took by running a tap and then taking a photo of a rose and with Photoshop I superimposed the rose onto the picture by using the healing brush. And brightness and contrast – the water and flowers follow conventions of the pop genre and my artist’s desires. The CD will go over this image, and have the rose picture printed on to it so that the image continues.

Back cover:





The back cover is an image of a red rose, a repeated symbol for Dani, and has been edited with a smudge stick effect. I then placed text over the top layer of the albums other songs. I believe its simplicity sums up the promotional visions I have for the album.


No comments:

Post a Comment