Monday 16 May 2011

Final Preliminary Interview Questions and Answers:

Final preliminary interview questions and answers:

After considering all of the questions and seeking advice from fellow media students I have decided to keep my questions the same. Here are the questions and answers of my interview. I believe this will help inform my plans for the music video:

  1. How do you see yourself within the music industry 'world'?
-         Wow, well, I see myself as a budding artist, really keen to get into the industry and become famous, but even without fame, just hearing my song on the radio would be the biggest achievement.

2. When did you first begin creating music?
-         Properly? [Laugh] Well, I wrote my first song when I was about thirteen and of course it was about a boy in my class that I really like and it was obviously the end of the world! But since growing up and writing more seriously I’d say my first ‘creation’ as you say would have been created last year when I began recording my songs and posting on YouTube officially.

3. Have you always wanted to be a music artist?
- Of course! My whole life I’ve known that I want to be a music artist, Beyonce has been one of my biggest inspirations.

4. You write your own song lyrics, would you ever consider singing other people's songs?
- Yes, I do. I love singing covers, but I normally sing those at weddings and things, I like that I write my own music because then I can sing it however I want, just kidding. Maybe if I create a drastic cover of something I would promote it with my other songs but for now I’m happy.

5. What would you descibe your style as?
- I’d say that my style would be quite girly but in a sophisticated way, I edge towards the Indie genre but I remain firmly as a pop girl I think.

6. Do you ever divert from this style?
- I’m not afraid too, especially if I’m exploring new sounds, I’m very open to different genres, particularly soul music.

7. How do you present yourself?
- I present myself quite honestly I think. I never force myself into any category or change my appearance to create an effect, I like to think that I’m me and I’ll stay that way.

8. Have you ever had any formal or informal gigs?
- Yes, I’ve had both. Informally I’ve played at friends’ house parties and events and formally I’ve had gigs at pubs such as ‘The Man on the Moon’ and I’ve played at weddings which is scary cause their evening music is depending on you being good!

9. What kind of image would you desire for this pop video?
- The image I’d like to show would definitely have to be one that reflects me. So I’d say traditional pop, you know, at home looking casual and then my wildest dream where I’m super glamorous and things.

10. How would you describe your sound?
- I’d say my sound was unique. I have a loud voice but can go surprisingly high.

11. As an organic artist, your voice is very original, but do you think you sound similar to any other artists?
- I’ve never really thought that I sound similar to any artists.

12. Where do you get inspiration from?
- I get inspiration from many things. Particularly: family, friends and nature. I love the artists: Beyonce, Taylor Swift, Shania Twain and Dido. They’ve all inspired me, oh and Alicia Keys.


Carrying out the preliminary interview has been a crucial task as it has now helped me decide what ideas to follow in the route of this pop music video and how I must adhere to the intentions of my artist too.

No comments:

Post a Comment