Monday 16 May 2011

The selection of Dani Scharpf and other considerations:

My artist and other considerations:
The artist that shall be performing in my pop music video is Danielle (Dani) Scharpf. I decided upon Dani Scharpf, who is a fellow student and friend of mine at Impington Village College. She is nineteen years of age and has been singing and performing from the age of fifteen I chose her because I had heard her singing multiple times and loved the qualities of her voice and her originality, as she writes her own lyrics and sings songs that she can call her own.

Before approaching her with my ideas to use her in a music video I asked if I could sample all of her songs. The song I felt most inspired by was ‘Into You’ which spoke to me as a director because I instantly imagined a narrative, which is something that I was keen to do after watching Michael Jackson and Taylor Swift music videos.

When choosing my artist I also had to take practicality into account - choosing an artist that was, let's say, based in Sheffield or Brighton, would involve travelling to those places many times, and communicating via telephone or e-mail, which are extra hassles and factors that can cause tension, friction and misunderstandings between artist and producer. I also had to take budget into account and travelling to many places would be expensive, and wasteful of money that I would rather use for production of the video itself. Whereas, meeting with Dani is going to be an easy hassle-free job and I can always inform her of any new ideas and plan shooting schedules accurately.


Before deciding upon Dani Scharpf as my final artist, I had other considerations...

On being given this task of producing a music video I have researched into unsigned artists and found many talented artists and great sounding songs. The websites that I looked at to find these artists are :
http://www.unsigned.co.uk/
http://www.totallyunsigned.co.uk/
http://www.youtube.com/

I found totallyunsigned the most useful, as it had long artist descriptions which allowed me to really think about the possibilities for a music video and had genre categories to narrow searches, which meant that I could easily filter out any music genres that I definitely would not use.

No comments:

Post a Comment